PUCS was built on the principle that involved parents make a school stronger while encouraging students to take their education seriously. An additional benefit is that working towards a common goal brings people together. We ask each family to contribute 24 service hours* to the school each year. Below are the events and activities that would not exist if parents did not support the school. As you can see, many of the school’s activities depend heavily on parental support. Please consider where you could best invest your time and talents at PUCS.
- Pizza Fridays (raises money for the 8th grade / D.C. trip)
- Overnight Camping Trip (K-5th)
- After School Activities (Cross Country, Basketball, Robotics Club, Yearbook, Spelling Bee Contest, Chess Club)
- PUCS Board & Committee Members
- Spring Production (the K-5th musical in March)
- Pick up with PUCS (formally Trash-a-Thon - early May)
- Hosts / Planning (New Parent Orientation, Art Appreciation Day, Open House, Grandparents Day)
- Field Trips (Drivers & Chaperones)
- Room Parents
- Facility Work Days
- Office Mailings Together
*Service hours are included in the total cost of attending PUCS. Families will be refunded $10 for every service hour completed (up to 24). For more information on fulfilling Volunteer Hours, click here.