November 14 Admissions Open House – 9-10:00am and 7-8:00pm
November 15 Parent/Teacher Conferences from 3:30-8:00pm
November 16 NO SCHOOL – Parent/Teacher Conferences from 9:00am-noon
November 21-23 NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
Thursday, November 15th from 3:30-8:00pm
Friday, November 16th from 9:00am-noon
A few reminders for Parent/Teacher conferences:
· Please arrive 10 minutes before your conference time to read your child’s report before you meet with your child’s teacher.
· If you are planning to bring your children, please have them stay with you outside the classroom.
· The gym will be closed during conferences. We do not have anyone on site who can supervise children in the gym.
· The teachers will have your child’s school pictures if you placed an order.
Below is the link for Pick-A-Time to schedule your child(ren) parent/teacher conferences.
Give Big Pittsburgh countdown: 2 weeks until November 27!
We are thrilled to announce that PUCS is participating in Give Big Pittsburgh! “November 27, 2018 is the day to show your gratitude and give extra support to your favorite cause. Save the date and come together to celebrate charitable giving!” Black Friday…. Cyber Monday…. and Giving Tuesday! We need your help by:
- Sharing the opportunity to join you in supporting our unique education experience here at Pittsburgh Urban Christian School if you are on social media of any form, or simply emailing the link to our fundraising page https://www.givebigpittsburgh.com/organizations/pittsburgh-urban-christian-school
- Setting up your own fundraising page off of PUCS’ Give Big Pittsburgh fundraising page. Email Chrissie Koerber at email@example.com for assistance.
WE HAVE 3 FUNDRAISING MATCHES – from a Foundation, a former family, and a staff member – to amplify the impact of gifts made to PUCS. Check it out on our Give Big Pittsburgh page!
The Kindergarten is having a pajama drive! As part of our giving unit coming up in December, the Kindergarten is collecting NEW pairs of pajamas to help children in need. Please send in new pairs of pajamas by Thursday, December 13th. See the attached flyer for more information, and contact Mrs. Adler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Our goal is to collect 50 pairs of pajamas! I hope you will join us in doing so.
Mrs. Adler and the entire Kindergarten class
Development Needs You!!!
Development Volunteer Opportunities! Do you need volunteer hours?
Come for a few hours or come all day! December 3, 10AM-3PM
~ Lunch Provided ~ No cooking necessary ~ Assembling very special donor thank you gifts!
Bring Christmas Cookies to Share!
Parents are our #1 recruiters!
We are so grateful for you all sharing the story of our school.
Please pass along these open house dates!
November 14 from 9-10:00am and 7-8:00pm
January 17 from 7-8:00pm
COMMUNITY CORNER notes from our CIS Coordinator Georgette Ayres