Pittsburgh Urban Christian School in its strategic planning process for 2023-2025 created these goals through dialogue with teachers, parents, community partners and staff and board leadership to affirm the vital importance of Christ-centered education grounded in joy in learning, the education of the whole child and deep parental involvement.
The School Community & Culture:
To address the learning and social challenges from the COVID 19 pandemic by renewed focus on our mission and the whole child.
- Equip the school community to better resolve conflict and understand the impact of trauma on students.
- Improve communication with students and families by school administration and faculty.
- Where economically possible,
restore full portfolio of arts and outdoor education programs.
- Renew service projects with the Wilkinsburg community and cultivate additional community partnerships as an integral part of the student experience.
- Re-engage with parents to build more active involvement and collaboration.
Teachers & Staff
Support teachers & staff with increased professional development opportunities, improved compensation and
- Provide training on the support of special needs students and the recognition of student needs that exceed PUCS’ capacity to adequately address.
- Continue to increase teacher & staff compensation to meet industry standards and to reward excellent performance and commitment.
- Working with input from teachers & staff, build retention and succession plans.
- Continue to seek a more racially diverse faculty.
- Assure access to professional development opportunities and requirements.
Provide an economically stable and physically attractive environment in which the school and greater Wilkinsburg community can thrive:
- Plan for a comprehensive capital campaign by doing a funding feasibility study to ascertain potential support.
- Do a full inventory of the existing buildings and needed improvements to ascertain needed funds for campaign goals.
- As part of effective succession planning for administrative positions, evaluate and clarify current administrative structure and align with current and emerging needs.
- Evaluate current use of technology and upgrade where needed.
- Communicate fully and frequently with the school community as all plans are evolving.
Assure robust school activities for the whole school community through effective financial management and sufficient financial resources:
- Build and execute a plan for full enrollment. Analyze the optimal balance of full pay and scholarship students to ensure economic diversity going forward.
- Explore possible earned revenue opportunities: i.e., programs for home-schooled students; service projects that are fee based.
- Maintain and build all existing funding relationships. Continue to diversify and expand the funding base.
- Visibility and marketing plan devised for enrollment increases and greater overall community awareness.
- Cultivate strong community relationships in support of ongoing stability and success of PUCS.