All parent drivers, overnight chaperones, and volunteers must have a (1) Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police, a (2) Child Abuse History certification from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, and a (3) Criminal Background Check from the FBI or waiver on file in the main office. Use the following options to request your clearances. There is no fee for volunteers.
PUCS Parent Association
Welcome to another school year at PUCS. Every parent who currently has a student enrolled at PUCS is automatically a part of the Parent Association (PA).
The purpose of the Parent Association is to directly support the school, students, parents, faculty and staff.
Parent Association Meetings
In order to support the school, ALL parents are expected to attend the scheduled Parent Association meetings:
- Meetings are held 2-3 times per year (see Calendar, please RSVP).
- Meeting content includes upcoming activities, voting for board nominees, and approval of the school budget.
- Meetings count toward your family’s Service Hours requirement.
- Child care and food are provided at in-person meetings.
If you have any questions, please contact our Parent Association Liaison, Rolonda Stephens-Stewart, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUCS was built on the principle that involved parents make a school stronger while encouraging students to take their education seriously. An additional benefit is that working towards a common goal brings people together.
We ask each family to contribute 24 service hours to the school each year. Below are the events and activities that would not exist if parents did not support the school. As you can see, many of the school’s activities depend heavily on parental support. Please consider where you could best invest your time and talents at PUCS.
Service Point People
As of 2/15/2022
Classroom and School Day Activities
- Field Trip Chaperones – Contact Teachers
- Lunch Volunteers – Contact Teachers
- Classroom Tasks – Contact Teachers
- Mystery Readers – Contact Teachers
Extracurricular Activities and All-School Productions
- Cross Country – Ben Love
- Basketball – Jonathan Ray
- Robotics Club – Volunteer needed.
- Yearbook – Volunteer needed.
- PUCS All-School Camp – Brooke Scott
- Spring Production (the K-5th musical in March) – Suzie Salo
- Great PUCS Serve-A-Thon (annual fundraiser) – Bea Thomas
- Hosting and Planning for New Parent Orientation – Volunteer needed.
- Art Appreciation Day – Suzie Salo
- Open House – Rolonda Stephens-Stewart
- Grandparents Day – Bea Thomas
School and Facilities Support Activities
- PUCS Board & Committee Members
- Summer Work Days – Jonathan Ray
Parent Association Meetings
Tuesady, May 24th
6:30-7:30pm via Zoom
connect with us